Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Scars, Graduation and Legoland...OH MY!

June was a very busy month for us. But hey, face it, I like busy. Earlier this month we hit a milestone or so I am told-Dallin had stitches for the first time. Scott told me it was a rite of passage for boys to have stitches, I only wish that he would have been there when the rite of passage occurred, but that wasn't the case...I was there. We went to a park here that sprays out water and somehow he banged his chin (the underneath) splitting it open. Fortunately my friend was there whose son had done something similar a month or two earlier so she was my rock when I got a little panicky (thanks Sarah). So we headed to the Doctor's office and I must say Dallin was really a trooper through the whole ordeal. He was very brave even though it was super scary-oh my sweet little boy!

Dallin also graduated from Preschool in June. At first I thought it was kind of silly to have a cap and gown for the Preschool graduation, but I must tell you when he put it all on he looked sooooo handsome and I must confess I was a little teary-eyed when he stepped out of the car and put his cap and gown, life fast forwarded to age 18 and senior graduation....man I am going to be a mess.

He is such a handsome little guy and he was so serious as he walked in for the graduation. He even got a special award for being such a big helper and example in his class. I couldn't be prouder.
This month Dallin also learned to ride his bike without training wheels. We took him to park and Scott started him on the grass and ran after him but he had no problem. He is now a pro!
Evan also reached a milestone-he learned to ride his tri-cycle with no problems. He does such a good job and loves riding his bike. We think that as soon as we get him a big boy bike he will take off on that as well.
Andrew is just as cute as ever. He rolled over a couple of times on his own, but wouldn't cooperate when I wanted to film it, so it still remains undocumented. He is such a happy baby...I wish he would sleep more at night or wake up less often, but he really is an easy going baby as long as his belly is full and sleeps when he is tired.
Scott and I are doing well. Scott's job continues to go well, and next week we are on vacation! YIPPEE!! I am going to start teaching a biology lab at the local community college here in town so that is exciting! Life is great!
Here is our sweet baby, he sleeps like all the rest of the Samson boys!
The ugly cut!
A week later!



Evan wanted to wear the hat too!
Dallin with one of his teachers!

The boys! This picture cracks me up because Evan has snuck his face in with the older boys...haha!



On the way to his graduation, what a handsome boy!

This is where I got teary-eyed...don't you see it 13 years from now?!?


This when Dallin received his special award for being such a good helper in class. He was presented with a lei and a McDonald's gift card.

Dallin and his friend Josh waiting in line.

Mom and dad waiting for the little graduate to make his entrance.


Scott and his boys!

The Samson family!
The boys-Dallin and his friends Ethan and Josh.
This is more like it-being silly!

This is how Dallin eats popcorn-he steals it from Andrew as he takes a nap!


Dad and Dallin as coast patrol at Legoland.




Grandma Perry and Evan flying the helicopter.

Aunt Sue and Andrew at Legoland.

Dallin driving mom around.

Evan such a silly boy.
Dad and Evan flying.
Mom and Dallin self-portrait.
The crew getting ready to drive boats.

All three boats together.
Evan driving Daddy.
Dallin driving Grandma.
Scott riding a crazy ride that spins you around on a robot arm.
Mom and Andrew hanging out!

video

video video

3 comments:

SVB said...

Ok, the picture with Dallin and andrew and the popcorn rocks!!! Does he just sit it on his belly while he is sleeping? So CUTE!!! And hey, I am always good with blood as long as it's not my own or anyone else's :)

Mom/Grandma Perry said...

Wonderful pictures. Dallin looks so handsome in his graduation cap and gown. He's getting so big. I also loved the picture of him eating his popcorn off of Andrew's tummy. The video of Andrew laughing is precious. Evan really does have that tricycle riding down. Such a big boy. Can't wait for him to show me how good he is at riding it and Dallin too on his bicycle.

Great-Grandma said...

Dallin is a little Scott all over! Now I know what Scott looked like when he was a boy. The boys (all 4 of them) are so good looking, but then I'm probably a little prejudice. I like popcorn too, maybe we could do that together someday.lol. Love the pictures.