Monday, March 16, 2009

Still playing catch up!

The first two pictures are of my "Yoda" boys. Grandma Marian sent the boys yoda masks and storm trooper masks-they were a hit. They cracked me up-they were running around the house with the "yoda" masks, it was hilarious!




After a couple of days rest from our visit with Trent and Alicia, we then met up with our other good friends Sherrie, Brian and their cute daughter Kaiya. They were nice enough to meet us half way-so we ended up in Oceanside. It was so fun to play with them at the beach. We then had lunch at the end of the Pier at a restaraunt called Ruby's. It was yummy-the shakes were divine!

Playin' in the sand!


Is that a real Pelican?? It looked like a statue just sitting on the pier like that! Seeing the pelican reminds me of a poem I learned from my BYU professor on the coast of Monterrey..."ode to the mighty pelican, who eats all his belly-can, I don't know how the hell-he-can"...thank you Dr. Braithwaite!


Dallin with the Pelican...he was a little nervous to have his back to the pelican.


Sherrie and I trying to get close to this pelican. We were cracking up, because we thought we were super close to the pelican, but Scott kept telling us we had to get closer if we all wanted to be in the picture.


Sherrie is not so sure about the pelican!


After a nice visit with Sherrie, Brian and Kaiya, we headed home to get ready for a family visit! Yes, that is right, my mom, grandma and Aunt Sue journeyed down to stay and play with us! It was a lot of fun, although we didn't do anything that Aunt Sue had wanted...next time Sue I promise!

This is Dallin at the swapmeet, grandma Perry bought him this cool batman cape/mask!

Evan and grandma Perry chillin' in some chairs in downtown Coronado!

Time to hit the beach! Here we are at Coronado!

Sisterly love! So cute!

So precious huh?!, We found this already in the sand and I made Dallin sit next to it-how cute!

Now take a closer look at the heart, wiped out! He decided to do that right after the first picture...do you think it is symbolic?


This is what Evan looks like after a beach trip in February at sunset!

The next day it was time for a little rockband!

The whole fam playing! Mom on guitar, Sue singing, Scott the drummer and Dallin on base!

Look at my future rocker!! Shirtless and all!



It was time to say goodbye and Dallin was sad!

We had an awesome couple of weeks playing with friends and family. We feel so blessed to have so many visitors!

3 comments:

Mom/Grandma Perry said...

We had great fun too. It's very sad for me to leave too. Tell Dallin that the next time I come, I'll stay a little longer and we'll do something special together.

Sherri looks good. It was good you guys got to get together.

Nice poem from Dr Braithwaite. lol

Kelly said...

OH MY!!! How fun! I haven't seen Sherrie forever. We should all have a reunion with the girls. :)

April said...

Kelly,

That would be sooo much fun! I am sorry we didn't get together over Christmas, we ended up only being in Vegas a couple of days. It looks like I will be heading up there a lot this summer, so hopefully we can get together sometime! Are you guys still out East?