Thursday, January 8, 2009

It is official!

After being married these 6 years, today January 8, 2009 I officially changed my last name to Samson. For most of you this comes as no surprise, I seriously procrastinate everything...haha. But man, the wait to change my name was horrendous-2 hours...it was just as bad a going to the DMV in Las Vegas (for those of you who have had that lovely experience you know exactly what a pain it was today). I first had to wait outside the Social Security Office to get a number and then wait inside until my number was called. Of course my "group" of numbers wasn't called for 40 minutes (gotta love lunch breaks)-yeah, not one number, but finally my turn came and viola, it is official. Now I just have to get my Driver's License here in California. Anyway just thought I would let you know -April Marie Samson! Mom and grandma thought you should know for tax reasons...haha!

4 comments:

Mom/Grandma Perry said...

Finally, you're a married woman!!lol I'm sure Scott is happy. Welcome, April Marie Samson. Love you. See you soon.

Melissa said...

That is so awesome that you are secure enough not to change your name right away. As I recall, I was so excited to actually be married that changing my name was one of the first items on my to do list after the honeymoon. I thought it would never happen. You are so cute.

Great-Grandma said...

Congratulations Mrs.Samson!!! That calls for a celebration, sorry I'm not closer - I'd take you out. Hope to get there soon. Uncle Sam will probably appreciate it too - no more double names. lol. Love you.

Perry Bunch said...

It's nice to meet you April Marie Samson! Wow! It only took six years.