Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year, Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary!

So, I wouldn't be starting the New Year right if I didn't procrastinate...it is what I do best. But, one thing I have not procrastinated is our Anniversary!! Today Scott and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Marian (Scott's mom) is here in town, and she was nice enough to stay with the boys last night so that we could go out to eat. It was really fun. We went to Bento and Noodles and sat at the Sushi bar...it was a bit awkward to sit there since we haven't ever done that before, but needless to say we tried some new rolls (with raw Salmon) and really enjoyed ourselves. After that we headed off for dessert and ended up at Macaroni Grill-yummy!! It was a really nice relaxing evening. Both the restaurants were nearly empty because everyone else was at home watching the Chargers game. It was a wonderful evening! I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband!! We were reminiscing of days gone by...of our wedding day, our apartments, our first town home, school, jobs, our kids...the last 6 years have been a wonderful adventure and I am so grateful for the wonderful companion that I have!! I love you Scott!! Happy Anniversary!! So, now I will start to catch up...before we left for our Christmas break we first went to our ward Christmas Party and Talent show. I participated in a "synchronized swimming" act with some of the awesome sisters from my ward. We were called "mom-N-Sync"... I will try to get the video on here sometime, but here are some of the poses after our performance. If you can't tell I am the one in the middle wearing the red board shorts! Santa also showed up at the Ward Christmas party, which was a good thing, because this is the only Santa Dallin and Evan talked to this year. Actually when asked what Dallin wanted for Christmas he said as serious as those of you know him to be, very matter of factly: " A unicycle and a skateboard", I started to laugh...Scott!!! What 3 year old even knows what a unicycle is...mine does! Evan didn't really want anything to do with Santa, he stayed with me. Right after the ward party we headed up to Wrightwood to hang out with the Pratt's (Scott, Niki, Ellie and Autumn). Dallin just loves playing with Ellie Rose. He was even more excited, because when he woke up in Wrightwood, there was snow everywhere! My Scott was also very pleased because this meant a trip to the ski hill...just what the doctor ordered! We spent our first day playing in the snow. Dallin is fairly well equipped for the snow having been in Utah the last couple of winters (minus the snow boots and mittens-hence the pinks ones he is wearing in the photos...what can you do when your best friend has little girls...he didn't mind though, he just loved the snow). Evan on the other hand had nothing...so he is wearing an over sized bib, which worked perfectly and Autumn's black and pink outlined jacket and "metallic purple" boots. Again, he didn't even notice, he just wanted to be out with the boys. Dallin ran all over in the snow (once dad made some "walkway/tunnels" for him), Evan would get stuck and then not move. He kind of looked like the little brother on "A Christmas Story"...it was so cute! It was a perfect day and the Pratts are always so wonderful to us, we just love them!

The next day was Sunday so we went to Church and then afterwards the girls had a "wrapping" party-that was awesome! On Monday Scott took me up the mountain to ski. It was super cold and there were about a billion people (mostly snow boarders...and don't get me wrong Scott typically snowboards, but he felt that I would probably do better on skiis, which I did, but there were "learning snowboarders" everywhere on the mountain...talk about scary). We had a lot of fun. Later that day Scott and Dallin built a snowman and then Scott taught Dallin how to ski. It was awesome. In fact, when I came out to the garage, Dallin had his boots on and he was so excited, as you can see in the video. We loaded everyone up in the cars and headed up the mountain and Scott and Niki helped Ellie and Dallin ski. They both did such a great job. I am excited to go again! Unfortunately I don't have many pic's or video from Dallin skiing...next time.
video

I tried to post a video of Dallin skiing down the road-haha, but it didn't work. He really did awesome on the bunnyhill! He definitely get it from his dad, because I look like Peter Pan or Superman with my hands on my hips plowing down the mountain! I will post more of our vacation soon!

7 comments:

Bustos Family said...

Happy Anniversary! I didn't realize we got married the same year, one day apart!

Mom/Grandma Perry said...

You really need to get your "mom-n-sync" video posted. It was awsome. Looks like you all had lots of fun in the snow. Love you and look forward to seeing you all soon.

Great-Grandma said...

So glad you had a nice anniversary. Keep that spark going for many years to come. The pictures are wonderful and thanks for keeping us updated. It is nice you have somewhere to enjoy the snow now that you're in "Sunny California". I'm watching the airline prices - hope to see you soon. Love you.

Perry Bunch said...

Happy Aunniversary! I love the picture with you and the girls from your ward. You have some great friends there. We had a great time with you guys. I enjoyed sunny San Diego. I could have done without the kids being sick!

Melissa said...

Happy Happy anniversary! It does go so fast. We owe you some babysitting so let us know when you want to bring the kids by. I won't forget the fact that Scott watched our kids on Valentine's Day night for us last year. It was so sweet. So we owe you. I'm serious.

Cara said...

You are all so cute! Happy Anniversary to you too. It's amazing how fast the time flies by isn't it. Hey and I want to see some video of your skit. I'll bet your girls were great!

ckkg said...

oh my gosh, how funny is your ward christmas party act! love that! looks like you guys have had LOTS of fun over the holidays -- so glad it was so great for you guys!