Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cursed daylight savings!!!!

I know I know, we fell back so we get to sleep an extra hour yadayadayada...tell that to a 13 month old who woke up at 5:45am this morning (I didn't go in his room until about 6am and after he ate he went back to sleep at 6:30am) and a 3 year who woke up crying at 6:35am and crawled into bed with me and did not go back to sleep, although he did lay there nice until 7:30am. So now we are all up again...I put them to sleep at their normal (the new time) time, but they still are getting up early!!! Anyway, I know, I know, poor me at least they sleep through the night, but I like my sleep!!!! Have a great day!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

this might be why I haven't gotten married and had kids yet...heavenly father knows I am too grouchy when I dont get to sleep in :)

tjfoit said...

Korbin is doing the same thing. The one thing that was positive for me was that I had an extra hour to get ready on Sunday. Woo hoo.

The Van Boerum Family said...

I will cry with you too, since we are going through the exact same thing right now too. Ethan gets up between 5:45 and 6 every stinking morning!!!! Cursed daylight savings is right!

Great-Grandma said...

I also wish they would leave the time along - even us older youngsters need our sleep. I tried staying up later, but wake up at the same time. Hope they adjust soon. Love you.

Melissa said...

My kids were pretty good this time around but last year they were getting up at 5 a.m. It sure makes for a LONG day.

Shillawna said...

Glad I'm not the only one who wants to kill her kid. I've tried keeping Anslie up later so that she sleeps in later too. Doesn't work. I guess their little internal clocks are smarter than we are.