Sunday, November 2, 2008

Chocolate, Smarties and lollipops-oh my!






*Note: The pictures above are from the pre-halloween festivities-we went to a "pumpkin patch" (I use the term very loosely), and we decorated a pumpkin about 2 and half weeks before Halloween. Sadly the pumpkin did not make it to Halloween-it was a moldy and slumped over. Oh well, we will know better next time!

So happy late Halloween! I love Halloween- I love seeing kids in their costumes, I love dressing up, I love candy, I love seeing how happy the kids get when they get candy, I love all the decorations, I love pumpkins and pumpkins seeds, I love fall...I love Halloween! We had a wonderful Halloween week-yes that is right, Halloween week. The saturday before Halloween we went with Grandma Perry to trick or treat at Sea World. That was the first time that Dallin sported his Darth Maul costume and Evan his yoda costume. It was such a warm day, our boys were melting, but it was lots of fun. We trick or treated, then decorated halloween cookies (you will notice in the slide show that Evan and Daddy decorated one cookie while Dallin and Grandma Perry decorated the other. Dad is very "frugal" when it comes to putting on the frosting, so his left overs ended up on Dallin's already saturated cookie) and caught the Sea Lion Halloween show.




Then on the Tuesday before Halloween we met up with our good friends the Pratts and with one of my friends from college Kjersti at the Disneyland California Park for trick or treating in the park. Basically they close down the California Park at 5pm and then reopen the park for trick or treating from 6:30pm-10:30pm. It was a ton of fun, except that there just wasn't enough time to see everything! They were handing out handfulls of candy at each station-and everyone who comes gets a bag for trick or treating-even the adults, and it was yummy candy (i.e. chocolate). It was a ton of fun-we rode a couple of rides, saw some Disney characters and just absorbed the wonderful disney decorations! It was a ton of fun, but made for a very late night/early morning-1:30am.






And finally Halloween day. We met with some friends from the ward and did some early trick or treating at one of the local strip malls-talk about craziness! There were so many people, but again it was so fun! I just love looking at all of the costumes. Later that evening we met with two couples from our ward, ate pizza and then hit the streets! Dallin was such a pro this year, he loved it and totally knew what to do! Evan just was around for the ride, but I think he enjoyed himself. I was a little sad because I hadn't dressed up for any of the other events-and I love dressing up, so I threw a costume together for Halloween night. I went as Princess Lea since the boys were doing the Star Wars theme! We had a lot of fun! I hope that everyone had a happy and safe halloween!

11 comments:

Bustos Family said...

Your boys are so cute as always. Looks like California is the place to be on Halloween! How fun.

tjfoit said...

Ok so I am a little jealous! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. And your boys make a very cute Yoda and Darth Maul. And you, April, look fantastic. What a hottie. I just love your little family.

Beth said...

Wow! Hi April! I don't know if you even remember me. I'm a friend of Deonna's (Bethany), and she told me how to find you here. It's so fun to see your beautiful family! Congratulations on your new little one, and I hope you're all doing well!

AJsGirls said...

So much fun! I am sad our Disneyland passes have run out. We will renew next year when the baby is older.

Cara said...

I can't believe how big Evan is. He's so handsome, just like his big brother. I wanted to see a pic of the boys with princess Lea though! You all looked like you had so much fun!!

Mom/Grandma Perry said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time during your Halloween "week". I know I had lots of fun trick or treating with the boys at Sea World. Your Princess Leah was very good, went along great with the whole Star Wars theme of the boys. What a fun holiday. Love you.

Great-Grandma said...

What a Halloween week. Bet you needed that extra hour that you didn't get. The pictures are so wonderful and it's great to get to see their pictures even if I couldn't be there. You have a great ward and wonderful friends, and of course Grandma Perry. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Loads of Love.

Perry Bunch said...

Looks like California is the place to be for Halloween. You guys had tons of fun. To bad we were not together your boys with Ethan all dressed up in Star Wars would be awesome.

Melissa said...

Wow, you guys are great at celebrating Halloween. Is there anything you didn't do? We need to get together again soon and party.

ckkg said...

could you squeeze any more fun in there?! seriously, how fun! way to fully take advantage of such a great holiday! the kids' costumes are sooo creative and so cute! but i can't believe those are your kids -- they are growing up so much! so cute!

Michelle said...

April, Your kids look cute for Halloween. I'm sorry we just missed you at the California Adventure. There were people trick-or-treating when we were there 2 weeks before Halloween. See you in just 2 weeks for Thanksgiving.