Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back to normal...

although I don't exactly know what that means...haha! The last 3 weeks have been very busy with family visits and a quick trip to Utah. I was very blessed to be able to attend Roger's funeral-it was a beautiful ceremony and it was so great to be there with his family and our friends. It was a sad occasion but very comforting. It was fun to sit and hear and talk about stories of Roger. I love the gospel, it just makes things make sense and it gives me great comfort in such a time of grief.

The last three weeks have been a lot of fun. Scott's mom was here for 2 weeks in which we went to the beach, went to Sea World, went to the zoo and the Wild Animal Park. (I will post pics later). Then 3 days after she left Janice (Scott's sister) and her family came to stay for a week-and we too went to the zoo, Sea World, Old Town, the outlet mall at the international border and even had breakfast with "Shamu" (thanks again Dave). The day after they left our good friend Gina came down for her birthday in the which we went up to the temple,at at In-N-Out burger,went to the beach (Coronado)and hit the zoo. So as you can imagine it has been an exhausting (physically and emotionally) but fun few weeks. It is interesting the change in weather over the last few weeks-it was scorching hot when Scott's mom and then sister were here, but this weekend was super chilly for Gina's visit. I just can't believe that it is already the middle of October, where has the year gone!

On another note, I got Dallin's Halloween costume-a Darth Maul costume. I won it on ebay...my first bid experience and my first victory. Have you seen the ebay commercials with the people winning their prizes? That is totally how I felt! Wahoo! It was awesome. I got the costume for 3.99 (brand new-never been worn, however the mask was damaged...which is fine because we plan on just painting his face) with shipping around 4 dollars...so the grand total was like 8.20! That is awesome considering how expense retail stores on line were selling them for (26.00 plus shipping). So now we just have to figure out the two sided light saber...they are pretty pricey so Scott may make one out of PVC pipe....we'll see.

So our house is very quite right now, it is kind of weird not to have any house guests...but I am sure there is a lot for me to do! I decided that I should post some pic's from the end of the summer. The first four pictures are from the mall by our house that has this awesome water area that the kids just love, actually this was the first time that I let Evan get down and get wet...such a drag to be the "baby". He had a blast! One of the pic's kind of looks like Dallin is setting up to go to the bathroom but rest assured, he was just covering the sprinklers with his feet! We will see if there are any other hot days for this activity! The other pictures are from our play group tour of the firestation. The kids just loved it and the firefighters were awesome! The last picture is a picture of the itsy bitsy spider...well just a sample of the garden spiders that are all around this area. They make huge webs and are super interesting...outside of the house. Actually we haven't had one in our house...well I take that back, Scott caught one in a jar the back yard and then brought it in the house. Dallin asked if he could keep it. I told him no, but that he could let it go in front of our house...so now Dallin always checks on his "spiders". Grandma Perry just loves these guys (wink wink). I just thought it was a cool picture!














5 comments:

Mom/Grandma Perry said...

I was going to ask you last night when you were going to post, but I knew how busy the last few weeks have been, so you can imagine my delight to see some new stuff. It's nice to have all that fun stuff to do so near to you. Makes your house the place to come to!! I remember Evan and the water; and Dallin, well he's a fish as we all know. Dallan looks so proud to be helping the fireman with the hose and driving the truck. I'm sure that was a big thrill for him. Get some rest before the next wave of guests arrive. I love you and see you soon.

Mom/Grandma Perry said...

Oh I forgot, I just LOVE Dallin's spiders. HeeHee

Perry Bunch said...

I can not get over how big your play group is. Is that everyone that usually shows up?

ckkg said...

busy, busy, but it all sounds (and looks) so fun. i am happy to hear that roger's funeral went so well. isn't ebay the best for halloween costumes? that's where we got kaiya's too!

Great-Grandma said...

What a treat for your kids. I had no idea you had such a big group. No wonder you are so busy with life in San Diego plus all the company you get. It was sure a good move for you and the kids are having so many good experiences and loads of fun. That is really great. Love you all.