Sunday, September 7, 2008

Grateful!


I just wanted to write a quick note about how grateful I am for life and especially for my life. I have truly been blessed-I have a wonderful husband, and two wonderful children. I have the awesome and most of the time crazy responsibility of raising these boys, which at times isn't the easiest thing to do ( I am not always the nicest or most patient mommy or wife), but I do love it. I love when we are sitting on the ground and the boys both climb on me, or how the other day we were in the pool just laughing and enjoying the sunshine, these are the moments I treasure. I feel very blessed to have a hard working husband who gets up way too early and works all day so that I can stay at home with the boys-what a blessing! I have been blessed with a wonderful family (Perry's and the Samson side) who I love. I love that they take interest in our lives and that they take the time to visit us and call. I appreciate the things that they sacrifice for us and for the prayers they offer on our behalf. I too appreciate the friends we have and the friendships we are creating here in Chula Vista. I am so grateful for my ward family here in Chula Vista, I feel very blessed to be here and to be surrounded by such wonderful families (especially the sisters who I get to hang out with).

Here are some of my blessings:




So what has brought on this sappy post-several things. For example, playing v-ball last night with friends from the ward and feeling like I have been truly blessed moving here. I remember when we moved to Provo shortly after we were married and I was so lonely, all I wanted was friendship. Poor Scott had to deal with his slightly depressed newlywed wife! So in some ways I was nervous about moving here, but we have been nothing but blessed with good friendships. Other things that have brought about this post-hardships faced by friends and strangers. I mourn with those that mourn. It sorrows me that so many friends and acquaintances I know are unable to have children when I can-especially when I feel so inadequate to have them. I see these wonderful woman who want nothing more than to be a mother or to have more children and at this time can't. They are some of the most valiant women I know and look up too and to see them suffer saddens me. Other people have family members that are suffering. Illness, cancer,family problems etc. I am not sure how many of you have heard anything about the Nielson family in Arizona who were in a terrible plane accident (this is the blog of the sister in Utah who is watching their 4 young children) http://blog.cjanerun.com/ (this is the actual blog of the woman who was in the accident)http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/, (you can read about their story and about the amazing things that people are doing to help them at these blog sites). But again, it just really makes me look at my life and realize that there are far worse things going on in other peoples lives than my feelings of inadequacy. Life is beautiful and like I learned today in Relief Society, Heavenly Father knows each of us individually and He wants us to be happy. Sometimes it takes the tragedies of life to remind us of all the blessings we truly have. Life is beautiful and I am grateful for mine and I am grateful for the family and friends who add to our beautiful life!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

It is so true. I feel lucky like you too even though some days are hard. I'm sure there are many that would trade places with us out there. You are so sweet and such a nice mommy. I am sure you don't give yourself enough credit. Are we going camping at what?

The Van Boerum Family said...

Thanks for that April - I really needed to read it today! Ditto to everything that you have said. All I know is that even when things are crazy and we don't understand why things happen the way they do, the Lord has a plan for us. Oh, and you are an awesome mommy - I have NEVER seen you be anything but patient and loving to your boys! You rock!

Mom/Grandma Perry said...

Sue ask me if I cried like she did when she read this and I hadn't read it yet (my computer at work died) so now that I have read it I can say it brought some tears. April, you are such a sweet spirit and for some reason I have the previlage of being your mom. I too am grateful that you can stay home with your boys thanks to that hard working husband of yours, but don't sell yourself short, you worked hard too in getting this opportunity to be a stay at home mom. I think that you are doing a wonderful job, both of you. Moving to California has seemed to be a good thing from what I can see and I'm glad that you are making friends. I love you and appreciate you're being there to listen when I have to "rant" and for all the prayers said on my behalf. I am one lucky lady, life is good so I am very grateful too. Thanks for the inspirational blog. Hugs and kisses, Mom.

Great-Grandma said...

Oh my sweet April! We are all so blessed by having you in our lives. You always see the best in everyone and always have. I am such a slacker, I needed to read your beautiful message and hopefully give me the push I need to get back to church. I have used all the excuses, including genealogy work (which is coming along nicely) but know I can do better. You make me cry and smile and realize why I have a small part in this world. Keep up the wonderful attitude and being a mommy and wonderful granddaughter.
Love you all so very much!!! Will see you soon. Grandma

ckkg said...

this is such a beautiful post, april! really. i, too, have often found myself wondering why i have been so blessed when i see others suffering. it is so important to count our blessings and i appreciate your reminder of this today!

Perry Bunch said...

I think you are amazing April. I so happy you like your ward and you have great friends there. You are an wonderful mom. Dallin and Evan are super blessed to have you and Scott. I agree with everything you said. Your heart is always at the right place. I look up to you TT!! lol There's only one TT in this world and I happy that she is ours. (((HUGS)))

Moore Family said...

That was a great post. Thank you. It's nice to sit down and think about the real blessings in our lives.