Sunday, September 14, 2008

Goodbye Jeep, Hello New Addition!

Well, after 8 long years in my company, it is time to say goodbye to the Jeep. Since we officially moved into our home here in Chula Vista the Jeep has been suffering. There were problems with the clutch and so it would make a terrible screetching noise whenever you would shift-especially out of 1st and 2nd gear. We ran it like this for a long time-which was quite embarassing, but we really didn't want to have to get a new car. But, alas the time has come, the Jeep has now been sold (well the man is coming tomorrow to pick it up to take to his brother in Mexico-it is like a foreign exchange program for the Jeep-it like it's owners must have a love for new adventures). So it is bittersweet the situation we find ourselves in, I am deeply saddened to see the Jeep go-it was my first car and I remember feeling a sense of accomplishment when we paid it off, but it just wasn't worth it for us to keep putting money into it, so we have to let it go! Here is an short ode to the Jeep:

Oh my dear sweet Jeep,
You were not cheap,
But you were always a blast
Although you didn't go fast
It really was fun till the last!



And now, a drum roll please....Please welcome the newest addition to our family:
A 2004 Honda Pilot!



As many of you know, we have been looking at Pilots for about a year and a half, so to have one outside in the Parking lot is a bit shocking. We feel very blest to have found a great car at such a great deal!! Here is to many more happy road trips (plus it seats 8, so you are more than welcome to join us)


So, here is a pic of the new and the old side by side...life sure changes!


(I love that Dallins' funny face is in the corner of this pic-it cracks me up! See, life is good!) Goodnight!

10 comments:

AJsGirls said...

Bye Jeep....sniff, sniff. I have good memories with you in that car. Saying good-bye to my Jetta was sad...I knew it was a bad idea at the time. Oh, well!

The Pilot is awesome, congrats!

Perry Bunch said...

You are funny April!! I love it! I will miss the Jeep. I remember you letting me and the kids have it our first Summer in Vegas cause it had AC. You are always thinking of others. Good Bye Jeep! You been good to all of us!!lol!

Great-Grandma said...

Congratulations! Parting is such sweet sorrow. I know you will enjoy the Pilot and so will I come Friday night - timing is everything. Looking forward to seeing you and your memories of the Jeep will last forever as well as the fun you've had selling it.
Love you all!

Mom/Grandma Perry said...

I didn't know you were a poet. Was that a hi ku? Very touching. I too will miss driving the Jeep especially in Las Vegas traffic, having a stick made the commute that much more enjoyable. LOL The Pilot looks nice, it will fit in with your new adventure in Chula Vista and I'm sure the Jeep understands and will enjoy its new home in Mexico.

tjfoit said...

Oh no, not THE Jeep! I remember our trip to Yellow Stone in your good ol' Jeep. And the time you let me take it to the airport to pick up my sister so I could have room for her luggage. I think I was driving the Scirrocco at the time (not very spacious). I just have one question, does driving a Pilot make you automatically 10% hotter too?

Melissa said...

yeah for you guys! I love the new car.

ckkg said...

that picture of dallin is funny, by the way! yay for pilots! love them! our jeep is still hanging on strong, but who knows for how long! isn't it funny how we get sentimenal about cars?! i guess they go through a lot with us! welcome pilot!! she's a beauty!

Moore Family said...

How exciting!!! I remember going to singles activities in the Jeep. So many lives it has touched.... sigh.

Cara said...

Hurrah!! You got a new car, no more staying at home every day all day! It looks great and will soon be giving you all great new adventures!

Bustos Family said...

I love your new car! Hopefully one of these years we can upgrade!