Sunday, September 28, 2008

Evan's 1st Birthday-the cake eating!


So as I mentioned in the previous post, Evan's 1st b-day was September 17th, but we did the "party" (as much as you can for a 1 year old) on Saturday September 20th! It is so funny to watch the second child dive into his birthday cake...I remember Dallin's 1st birthday-he was super sleepy, in fact he fell asleep and we woke him up to have cake. He was so timid about eating the cake, probably since it was only the second time he had ever had cake (the first time Aunt Tera gave him so cake from Uncle Jim's 50th b-day), so it took a bit of coaxing to get him to eat. Now, let's contrast Evan's experience with his personal cake...he had abosolutely no problems digging right in, let's just say that sweets are no stranger to this boy. It just cracks me up how different parenting is the second time around! As you can tell by the slide show, he had no problem eating the cake, it thought it was super yummy! I thought I might as well show you all the pic's-what a mess, but so much fun! We also celebrated Grandma Marian's 75th birthday that night with a cake as well! It was a wonderful evening surrounded by loved ones!!!

4 comments:

Mom/Grandma Perry said...

That was such fun watching him dive into that cake. One little taste and he was all over it or it was all over him. It was so nice to be there for this memory. I am a very lucky Grandma.

Perry Bunch said...

I was waiting to see pictures Evan with the cake. He did a great job! I wonder were he gets his sweet tooth from! LoL!

Bustos Family said...

You're boys are adorable. I love your blog and am glad you found mine!

Cara said...

I think the first few birthdays are the best with kids. They totally lose it when all that yummy cake and frosting gets put in front of them! It's totaly worth the mess. I'm really enjoying these blogs, it's so great to keep in touch with you!